How To Stop Camp Lejeune Lawsuit Spam Emails & Texts
Camp Lejeune lawsuits are the talk of the town at the moment. Considering the amount of buzz around this noteworthy litigation, there are countless lawyers working to introduce the issue to uninformed veterans who may be eligible to file a claim. Unfortunately, their seemingly honorable intent has resulted in an endless flood of emails, texts, and other advertisements cluttering the inboxes and feeds of unwanting individuals.
If you are tired of the spam, we are here to help you set in motion a few methods of filtering out unwanted messages and advertisements.
Stop Camp Lejeune Emails!
If you do not have your email settings fine-tuned, you may find more and more of this spam in your primary inbox. If you are a veteran who could be eligible to file, these emails may be warranted, but nobody wants to go through the effort of reading and deleting thousands of spam emails individually.
If you go speak to a Camp Lejeune lawyer, you will find out whether you are eligible to file immediately. Then, there is no need to read any of the spam emails you are receiving.
Here are a few ways you can minimize the amount of Camp Lejeune spam in your email inbox.
Opt-Out of the Emails
Some emails will offer you the option to click a link or button that unsubscribes you from their list. Though, this is only recommended if you can verify that the email was sent by a legitimate company. If it was sent by a spammer, clicking the link may cause additional issues or invite even more spam! Instead of clicking the link, mark the email as spam. This may give you the option to unsubscribe from the list that was used to reach you.
Adjust Your Spam Filters
Large email providers like Gmail and Hotmail provide users with the option to customize their spam filter settings. You can set it to be more aggressive or to allow certain messages from trusted senders.
More information about adjusting your spam filters:
Stop Camp Lejeune Calls!
When you receive unwanted calls, the first step to prevent them from recurring is blocking the number that called you. You can also take an extra step by placing yourself on the National Do Not Call Registry.Additionally, there are several apps that can be downloaded in an instant, giving you the ability to find out who is calling you and even to notify you if they have been reported as spam.
Here are some resources you can use to stop robocalls and spam:
Stop Camp Lejeune Texts!
If you are not interested in the messages you are receiving via text, you are often given instructions on how to opt-out of the messaging. When there are no instructions you can alert your mobile service provider that the message is spam by forwarding it to SPAM.
To forward a text message to spam, simply forward it to the number “7726” (this is the lettered code for SPAM when typed into a phone). After forwarding a message to SPAM, you can also block the number that sent the message. While they may be able to use another number to attempt to contact you again, this may stop them from reaching out again in the near future.
Stop Camp Lejeune Ads Online!
It is common knowledge that online platforms track your activity to cater specific ads to you. If they notice that you engaged more with a certain type of ad, you may continue to receive those ads in the future. What many people don’t know is that it is possible to customize the types of ads that you receive.
- Open Facebook and navigate to the main menu. Select “Settings” in the “Settings & Privacy” dropdown.
- Scroll down to the “Ads” section and select “Ad Preferences”.
- Select “Your information” and deactivate any of the profile fields listed to stop ads based on these categories.
- Open your Google account profile and select ‘Data & personalization‘ in the main menu.
- Scroll down to the “Web & App Activity” section and disable ads influenced by your activity altogether or pick and choose which activities are included using the checklist.
- To stop your data from influencing ads altogether, you can scroll down to the “Ad Personalization” section and turn off the setting.
- In your TikTok app, tap Profile in the bottom right.
- Tap the 3-line icon in the top right to go to your settings.
- Choose Settings and privacy from the options displayed.
- Tap Privacy, then tap Ads personalization.
- Tap on the Personalized ads toggle to turn your personalized ads setting on or off.
Block Spam on Social Media
- Do not tap, share or forward spam messages.
- Then, report the message as spam.
- You can block the sender as well, so you no longer receive messages from them.
- It is also a good idea to delete the spam message, just in case.
- Set your account to private, then change the settings to ensure that people who you do not follow cannot message you.
- Unfollow any accounts that have contributed spam to your inbox or comments section.
- Block accounts that post spam or Camp Lejeune content on their pages.
Once You’ve Seen One Camp Lejeune Ad, You’ve Seen Them All
There is good reason for the actions of the lawyers who are securing advertising slots on television and online — Camp Lejeune represents an injustice committed by the federal government that many are not aware of. If the word does not get out, many individuals who otherwise could have sued will go without the compensation they are due.
If you are being targeted by advertisements, there is a chance you could actually be eligible to file a claim. While we do recommend you follow the steps in this article to limit the amount of unwarranted spam you encounter, we also suggest that you take the time to speak to a lawyer if you were ever present at Camp Lejeune.
Doing so could result in thousands of dollars in compensation.